This coming spring, 2015, Assistance League of San Antonio will present $3000 scholarships to students who will be either Juniors or Seniors at a college or university in Bexar County. The intent of these needs based awards is to assist the students in finishing their education.The link to download the application is located above and must be included with the items listed below.
In spring, 2015, Assistance League hopes to award 8 scholarships, including one given by the Bexar Hugs Auxiliary. These scholarships will be paid directly to the school where the student attends and can be used for tuition, fees and books.
For eligibility to apply for a scholarship, a student must be enrolled full time (12 hours or more), entering his/her junior or senior year at a four year college or university in Bexar County, Texas.
Applications must include:
- Completed Assistance League application – this may be obtained from your school financial aid office or downloaded from this site.
- Biographical letter of no more than one typed page to include: personal information you choose to share your family or background and educational goals.
- Proof of acceptance or enrollment from a four-year college or university in Bexar County and date you will be attending.
- Minimum of three letters of recommendations – two should be from professors, one from other school personnel or employers. No recommendations from family or personal friends will be accepted.
- Official undergraduate transcript, including must recent semester completed.
- A copy of recent tax return.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE FEBRUARY 16, 2015
Scholarship monies are paid directly to the college or university.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The FREE Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view the Scholarship Application. If you do not have it, you may download it here. www.assistanceleaguesa.org
Please submit applications to:
Assistance League of San Antonio
Attention: Scholarship Chairman
P.O. Box 13130
San Antonio, Texas 78213